Devil's Balcony route
Devil's Balcony route
The Balcony of the Devil is an archaeological site with the original name Chakan that is located 3,773 meters north of the main square of Cusco. One of the best ways to get to know this place is on this bike tour along the Devil’s Balcony route.
To carry out this activity outdoors, we present two options.
This option is for experienced cyclists who like to pedal. The route to the balcony of the devil starts from our office in Zetas Street, and the entire circuit is done purely by pedaling for a total of 24 km with a positive slope of 894 m and at a maximum altitude of 3,983 m.
The path of this route is a paved track, a wide dirt road, and short singletrack paths when going down.
This bike circuit to the balcony of the devil crosses the Inca ruins of Chakan, the Inca ruins of Qochapata, a eucalyptus forest, the Salkantay village, and the fortress community.
Our second option is for cyclists who just want to spend a relaxing moment on a bicycle. This bike tour to the balcony of the devil is done with a transfer in mobility to the town of Salkantay, from where you only pedal along a wide dirt road and track to the city of Cusco.
This stretch is 13 km, and it is only downhill by bike to relax, enjoy the fresh air, and explore the Inca ruins of Chakan.
For this route, we have the best bicycle, the best equipment, and the best cycling guide. Choose the best option to enjoy this adventure tour to the fullest; contact us now!
- Route distance: 24 km
- Total positive slope: 894 m.
- Maximum altitude: 3,983 m.
- minimum altitude: 3,400 m.
- Duration: 6 hours
- Level: Basic and Intermediate
- Bus trip: 40 minutes Cusco-Chequerek
- Places to visit: the Inca ruins of Chakan, Qochapata, and the Eucalyptus Forest
- Important: It does not require any entrance ticket to the Inca ruins.
- Meeting Point: Zetas Street “Pitahaya Travel Office”
- Type of route: cross-country & enduro
- Type of Service: Group & Private
- Language: Spanish & English
- Available days: Every day.
- Departure time: 8am and 1pm
- Duration: 4 hours
- Price: Quote Here
- Level: Intermediate & Advanced
- Includes: Cycling Guide, Transport (optional), Bicycle, Helmet, Gloves, Permanent Assistance.
- End of the Tour: Zetas Street “Pitahaya Travel Office”
- Not Included: Entrance tickets and Others not Mentioned in the Tour.
- Small backpack
- Rain gear or waterproof from November to March
- Short and long-sleeved polo shirt
- Comfortable shoes for pedaling
- carry extra coins
For this bike tours to Devil’s Balcony you don’t need any entrance ticket.
This journey is only Intermediate Level.